Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Holy Crap, I'm Writing a Novel

In a burst of "Gee, C, you don't have enough on your plate right now, let's add something new" I signed up for NaNoWriMo, otherwise known as National Novel Writing Month. From November 1-30 I'll be attempting to write 1600+ words a day to make it to an eventual goal of 50,000 words and one completed book.

*gulp*

I'm also trying to get some of my more ambitious students involved by offering a full letter grade bump to anyone who manages to finish with 50,000 words. We'll see if anyone takes me up on the challenge.

So wish me luck! I'll post a few updates now and then about how it's going (hopefully well) and maybe an excerpt or two if it goes VERY well.

3 comments:

ewe are here said...

You are very brave.

Good luck!

M said...

Wowsa! I have a hard time deciding if I want to participate in NaBloPoMo, much less a novel. Good luck!

Me said...

Yeah! Good luck; I can't wait to hear more!