Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Advice welcome

I am dying for sleep here. Luke has taken to waking up between 4:00 and 4:30 for the last two weeks, and since it takes him over an hour to go back down and we have to get up by 6:00, no one is getting enough sleep. He's tired and cranky, I'm tired and cranky, and Juan is too bleary eyed to know which way is up.

The good part of this is that two months ago he was regularly waking at 2:30, last month it was 3:30, and my hope is that by May/June he'll be sleeping until it's really time to wake up more than once a week. The bad part, of course, is that we appear to be stuck in this awful pattern until his system matures just that little bit more to stay full an additional 90 minutes overnight.

Most of you readers have kids, so I'm asking for suggestions to help speed things along if at all possible. I'm entertaining all options (including formula) that could help us all get enough rest.

No comments: