Thursday, September 07, 2006

Cycle 17

Well, I tested. Negative. I expect to start cycle 18 later today or tomorrow.

I'm suprised at how not-upset I am about this. Sure, I'm disappointed, but I'm not heartbroken. This was a good cycle. This was the cycle when we learned that my spotting is a progesterone problem, in spite of the blood tests that have continued to come back normal. I don't understand how that's possible, but the progesterone suppositories completely stopped the spotting. This has given me more hope for the future than I've had in a long time.

As I've said many times, my fear all along has been that we would stay undiagnosed. That they wouldn't be able to find out what was causing the spotting, and that it would undermine any treatment we attempted. Now that I know that we can stop the spotting with something as simple as progesterone, I feel like we have a shot at actually getting pregnant with an IUI or IVF.

Tomorrow I go in for my pre-op appointment for Monday's laproscopy/hysteroscopy. That's our last diagnostic test in the military system. Once it's over, we're going to start seeing a civilian RE again. Assuming that it takes 4-5 weeks to get my first appointment like it did last time, we could be doing our first IUI cycle as early as October. October!

Suffice it to say that in spite of the negative test, I'm in a pretty good place right now.

No comments: