Tuesday, September 12, 2006

One day past surgery, feeling pretty good

After I posted last night, J helped me up to bed where I promptly fell asleep for almost 12 hours. It was seriously the best night's sleep I've had in months. Today has been spent mostly sitting on the couch in my PJs while my mom pampers me. She leaves for home tomorrow morning, though, and I know that I'll really miss having her around.

Physically, I feel pretty good, but I'm still very sore and a little afraid to take off my bandages tonight. I've never seen stitches on my own skin before! I can walk and bend over with very little pain, though, so I've got high hopes that I should be able to drive and do light housework before too long. From everything I've read, I should start feeling more like myself by the end of the week and be completely back to my old activity level in two weeks.

I've also received a TON of e-mails and well-wishes from friends over the last 24 hours, and I wanted to say a public THANK YOU to everyone who's reached out to me. You have no idea what it's meant to receive congratulatory e-mail after e-mail about the results of the surgery. I don't know how I would have made it through the last 17 months without all of you, and I do know that I wouldn't be feeling this great about the events of the last 24 hours if I hadn't received such an outpouring of support. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*smooch*

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are getting some rest and feeling better. Take care of yourself and don't overdo it. Wow...I sound like my mom.