Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Boxed In

Yesterday morning three men came to our house to pack all our stuff. Six hours later they left, and this is what my living room now looks like.



95 boxes of my-life goodness. That doesn't count the bathroom full of "essentials" that we're taking with us in the cars. Clearly, I have too much stuff.

This? This is just books.



The sad thing is that there are at least another dozen boxes exactly like these scattered throughout the condo. If I wasn't such a book whore (and J didn't have so many heavy medical-type books) the movers probably coulod have finished before noon.

At least the cats seemed to be enjoying themselves once we let them back in the main part of the condo last night.



Today the movers come back to put everything in their truck, and then we won't see it again until June 7. It's a little scary knowing that everything you own is being carted cross-country by strangers. The good news is that we're taking all the internet connection stuff with us in the car (since who can live without the INTERNET for a week? Not us!) so I should be back online by next Tuesday. In case I can't blog again until then, though, I hope you all have a wonderful week and I'll talk to you soon!

No comments: