Monday, May 08, 2006

No news isn't good news

Two people came to see the house on Saturday, and no one stopped by on Sunday. Not a single solitary person. I'd feel pretty bad about that except that I know no one came to the open house at the unit just down the hall from us either. The market is just so damn slow right now.

So, we continue to wait. Moving day is in two and a half weeks, and we'll be discouraging potential buyers from walking through the place from the 21st to the 25th since the house will be full of boxes and packing materials those days.

I'm trying not to think about the fact that it's still on the market and we don't even have a good chance of getting an offer soon. I'm mostly successful during the day, but I've woken up at 3:00 or 4:00 in a cold sweat every morning for the last week, panicking about what we're going to do if it doesn't sell. Just typing this entry is making me anxious.

On the plus side, today marks the start of my last week of work! I've now gone to my last boring as dirt staff meeting, written my last legislative briefing memo, and cleaned out my desk drawers. Tomorrow I think I'm going to tackle my corkboard-o-crap.

No comments: