Thursday, April 20, 2006

Long Weekend

J and I leave tomorrow for 4 days of house hunting in Texas. I'm looking forward to the trip (and time away from the office) but a little sad about it too. Since we still haven't sold our condo, we also need to look at, and probably sign a lease for, a transitional apartment. We just can't afford two mortgages, and the market in DC is so iffy right now that we can't count on getting a contract in the next 30 days. In spite of this, we're still going to do some house-hunting, and if we find the right place we can always put a contingency contract on it.

It'll also be nice to get away from Washington for a few days, and focus on something other than the infertility testing. I'm having serious thoughts about not doing any more tests until after our move, and I think I need some distance from the situation before I make a decision one way or the other.

No comments: