Thursday, April 13, 2006

Peace

And so begins cycle 12. We've now been trying to have a baby for an entire year.

I'm going to have more to say on this over the weekend, a post that's been percolating in my brain for awhile now, actually, but not today. Today I scheduled my HSG (Monday) and accupuncture (immediately before the HSG) to help me be as relaxed as possible.

While there's a part of me that's very upset that I have to have the test (which can be pretty painful), there's another, stronger part that's looking forward to it. Not only might we get some answers about what's wrong, but the HSG itself actually can improve fertility for up to three months after it's performed because, well, it sort of flushes everything out. Think of it as a power washing for your fallopian tubes.

I'm feeling oddly relaxed right now. Not counting the gigantic freakout I had this morning because we still don't have a contract on our condo and our house-hunting trip is in just a week, emotionally I'm doing better than expected. Part of that I attribute to the fact that I got off work early today and don't have to go back until Tuesday, and part of that is definitely due to the mind/body fertility class I'm taking. It's amazing how much I've already learned about how to calm myself down and de-stress in situations that would normally send me over the edge. Whatever else happens in the next month, I'm very, very glad I decided to take the class. I wouldn't be feeling this peaceful about everything I have going on right now without it.

No comments: