Wednesday, July 19, 2006

10 Weird Things About Me

Taking a break from the pet-related posts, here are 10 weird things about me.

1) Back in college I had very specific things I ate for dinner every single day. I can remember which year it was based on what I was eating at the time. Freshman year it was broccoli and cheddar Lipton rice packets. Sophomore year it was microwave bowls of spiral mac and cheese. Junior year it was spaghetti. Senior year it was regular Kraft mac and cheese. I'm fairly sure that my roommate for three of those four years hates me a little bit for my OCD eating.

2) I pluck my eyebrows obsessively. If I feel a stray hair coming out, I'll rush to the bathroom to pluck it. Even if I'm in the middle of doing something else. The only time I won't do this is in public, but I have been known to do it at work.

3) I hate removing nail polish. HATE it. I have no idea why, but I still have polish on my toes from back in May. Before our move. I know it looks horrible, and I know I should at least take it off (and preferably put new polish on since I live in my sandals this time of year) but I just hate doing it.

4) I want to get pregnant and have a baby more than anything else in the world, but sometimes I wonder if I'm going to be a good mother. I doubt I could be as good as my own mom was. I worry about that.

5) For some unknown reason, I sometimes type an extra "e" at the end of words that don't end in "e". For example, I just caught that I typed "spaghettie" instead of "spaghetti" up above.

6) I love superhero movies. Love them. I have no idea why, especially since fight scenes bore me.

7) I once owned ever Star Wars novel ever published. Thankfully I grew out of that phase after high school and have whittled down my collection to just the "must haves". They still take up an entire shelf in one of my bookcases.

8) It took me two hours to pick which books I was going to put on the bookshelves in the guest bedroom and which ones I was going to put on the shelves in the loft. If we ever have a big party, I assume that people will hang out in the loft and I want them to think that we read interesting/impressive books. I don't think that my complete collection of Diana Gabaldon romances would impress anyone.

9) I didn't realize J and I were dating until we'd gone out 3-4 times. In my defense, those first few "dates" could have been just two friends hanging out. In Juan's defense, I was pretty dense about how much he liked me.

10) I'm a person with mixed dominance, which means that I do some things with my left hand and some things with my right hand. For example, I write and eat with my left hand, but throw a ball with my right. Because of this, when I try a new activity (particularly a new sport) I have to try doing it with each hand before I figure out which one works the best. I still have no idea which is my dominant hand when playing golf. I gave up after one lesson.

No comments: