Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Free to a good home

Anyone want a cat?

Apparently the novelty of having me home all day long has worn off for Arcadia, and she's driving me nuts. Specifically, every night at around 5:00 she decides that she's bored downstairs and wants to hang out upstairs. She's not going to go up there unless *I* go up there, though. Every day I decide to indulge her by going upstairs for awhile, usually waking up Codi (who would be perfectly content to never, ever leave the windowsill in the master bathroom) so she can entertain Arcadia for awhile. This works for maybe 20-30 minutes and then Arcadia is back downstairs with me, crying her head off.

She doesn't want to be petted. Doesn't want to play fetch even when I break out a fresh bottlecap. Doesn't want to do anything except sit right next to the couch and cry. She's driving me crazy, and aside from letting my cat force me to spend my day upstairs in bed (which, no) I don't know how to get her to stop doing it.

It's occurred to me that maybe she misses J. He's been pulling some really late nights at the hospital, and the transition between him not working at all to him being gone almost 24/7 has been rough on all of us. If that's the case, she'll just have to get used to it. I'm also SLIGHTLY concerned that she might be having bladder crystal problems again. We haven't gotten in to see a new vet yet, and this is kind of similar to what she was doing a few months ago when all of the couch peeing started. I'm really hoping that this isn't the case, and part of me says that we haven't had any "incidents" yet so I think it's unlikely.

Ugh. WHHHHHYYYY? Why must such a cute little kitty be so annoying???

No comments: