Thursday, July 06, 2006

Status Quo

I'm here, there's just nothing much going on lately that's worth writing about. My first doctor's appointment to start figuring out what's wrong with my body isn't until Monday, so until then I'm just twiddling my thumbs.

In non-thumb twidding news, I should be able to hand in my application to the teaching program next week when my last letter of recommendation arrives (thanks, Sharon!) so hopefully I'll be able to find a job quickly since I'm sure I'll need most of August to figure out just what the heck I'm doing in a classroom.

J had a good first week of work, but it's been exhausting. He leaves the house around 6:00 am and doesn't get home most nights until after 8:30. This month he's working in an intensive care unit, though, so next month when he's in an outpatient clinic the hours will be better. Today is his first day off, and I fully expect that he'll sleep through most of the day.

We're getting our ducks in a row for the trip to Denver next month for my parents 30th anniversary party/vow renewal, and I can't wait to see everyone. It's been years since I've been to visit my mom's family, and while I've seen all of them at weddings and various trips since then, I haven't seen my grandma's new condo or my cousin's new cats yet. The best part is that Juan was able to get a weekend off for the trip, so we'll be able to go together.

I guess this post has no theme except for "things that are happening sort of right now" so hopefully I'll be able to think of something vaguely interesting to write soon. Until then, hope everyone had a nice 4th of July!

No comments: