Thursday, June 08, 2006

10 Things I Hate About This Week

1) The SIX AND A HALF HOURS J and I spent trying to get new military ID cards today. SIX AND A HALF HOURS. The kicker is that we actually arrived at the office an hour before they opened this morning to try to avoid the usual massive wait. After the third or fourth hour we started openly laughing at the poor people who were over 100 spots behind us in line but refused to leave and come back tomorrow morning. No way, no how they're going to get cards before the office closes tonight.

2) In addition to the SIX AND A HALF HOURS we spent waiting today, we'll need to go back next week because J's school didn't submit the papers for his promotion and switch to Active Duty correctly, so both of our cards still have him listed as Reserve. Thankfully we won't have to wait in line again, but I'm mighty peeved that we have to go back at all.

3) Our next door neighbors at the apartment, who have started smoking on their balcony all the damn time. This wouldn't be a problem except that their balcony is right next to our A/C unit, so our living room smells like smoke. It's icky and I hate it, but it's not like I can ask them not to smoke on their own balcony, you know? At least I only have to tolerate it for 12 more days until we close on the house.

4) Our realtor in Maryland who still hasn't called us back to confirm that the closing for our condo actually happened this morning. It was scheduled for 11:00 am and we're assuming that no news is good news, but would it kill her just to pick up the phone to confirm that we are, officially, no longer property owners there?

5) The practically nonexistant cell phone reception we get in the apartment, which makes getting a call from our realtor a little difficult.

6) The dust storm that kicked up no less than 10 minutes after we washed my car yesterday, completely caking it in mud. Haaaaate dust.

7) Not having a microwave. I never realized just how many things I use it for or how much of a PITA it is to heat up a Lean Cuisine in the oven.

8) Not having my TiVo. I MISS MY TIVO!!!!

9) Our sucky, sucky air mattress that is so deflated by the time we wake up every morning that we're effectively sleeping on the floor. My back is killing me and we won't get our bed delivered until the 21st.

10) Having to buy a new washer and dryer AND refrigerator because the sellers of our house are taking theirs to San Antonio. It feels like we're just hemorraghing money right now, and while we can afford it, I don't like it.

No comments: