Monday, June 26, 2006

House: Version 2.0

Let me give you a little taste of what the last few days have been like at our house.

-Friday: Unpacking
-Saturday: Unpacking
-Sunday: Unpacking with a side of very frustrating furniture shopping
-Monday: Cleaning and unpacking

Needless to say, almost everything is now out of its box, but maybe half of those things are put away where they're supposed to be. I'm torn between feeling like I've really accomplished a lot and wanting to throw my hands up in the air and scream in frustration because things are still so disorganized. Lamps without lightbulbs or shades. TVs without stands, books without bookcases. We still have a lot of work ahead of us.

However, things ARE progressing and I'm going to post a few pictures just to give you all an idea of what this place looks like with furniture.


Family room, complete with TV that won't get a stand until next week and assorted homeless lamps. But look at the sofas! And the mantel clock that I spent time and effort centering!


The kitchen (slightly askew) viewed from the family room. Sadly, the kitchen is the most "done" room we have, mostly since Juan and I decided to start unpacking pots and plates as soon as the movers left. Guest appearance by the pretty, pretty roses J gave me for our third anniversary last week.


Our living room, which now sports an attractive pile of boxes that's approximately 3 1/2 feet high. I kid you not, this is a serious pile-o-boxes.


Aaaaaand the books. Everyone who knows me has been expecting this photo, and I agree that it's not pretty. I blame my book fetish mostly on the six years I spent working at a bookstore (I loved the employee discount a little too much) but freely confess that I've added substantially to my collection over the last three non-bookstore years. Virtual cookies to anyone who can spot the cat amongst the piles of literature.


Finally, Arcadia, who in my opinion has been spending FAR too much time lazing around, and not nearly enough helping me to unpack. Wake up lady, I've got a box of office supplies with your name written all over it!

No comments: