Friday, June 16, 2006

Settling in

We're HOME!!! We got the keys shortly after my last post, and I've spent the last two days lugging all the stuff we had in the apartment to the new house and unpacking again. Unpacking sucks, but at least this time I know that I don't have to move it all again for 3-4 years. I'll post more pictures next Wednesday/Thursday after our furniture is finally delivered.

My top priority for now is cleaning everything and bringing the lawn back to life. Around here, having grass is more of a curse than a blessing, and since water is rationed I can only water Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I also think our tree out front may have bugs or something, since it's losing a lot of leaves and the ones left on the tree aren't looking so hot. I may post pics soon to see if any of my gardening-savvy readers have ideas about what can be done for it.

Speaking of bugs, we found a scorpion next to our front door on Wednesday night and I proceeded to completely freak the hell out. Thankfully you can spray for them, but the fact is that this is the Southwest and scorpions are part of the package. I'm still calling the exterminator on Monday, though.

In other news, I should have my application for the teacher certification program turned in by the end of the month. I went over to the university earlier today to pick up some paperwork, and really liked the lady I talked to at the ATCP office. Hopefully that's a good sign about the type of people who run the program.

No comments: