Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Some exciting news

Two items of news that I think it's time to share. First, J and I are starting to look into adoption. We're giving the doctors another six months or so to at least diagnose me and possibly do an IUI cycle or two, but after that we're going to make a decision about how far we're willing to take ART before formally beginning the adoption process.

I may or may not write anything else about this before we reach that six month mark. Honestly, I've been spending a lot of time gathering information in the last few weeks, but until Christmas (or thereabouts) we want to focus most of our energy on getting pregnant. The good news is that the idea of adoption doesn't scare either of us--it's something we talked about LONG before we knew we'd have problems having biological kids. The bad news is that adoption is a long, difficult process, and being Active Duty military doesn't help.

The second piece of news is that I'm applying for a teacher certification program at the local universtiy! Provided I get all the paperwork I need soon, I should turn in my application by the end of the month, and hopefully know if I've been accepted by mid-July. I've been looking at this program for nearly a year now, and have been on the fence for a long time about whether or not to apply. Applying felt like acknowledging that I would be able to finish the entire 12 month program without any baby-related interruptions. Lately, though, I've decided that if I don't do it now there's a good chance I'll never do it, and I know that I'd come to really regret that.

In any case, I'm very excited about both the adoption research and the teaching program. We're also closing on the house tomorrow morning, so I'm sure that I'll be posting lots of attention whore-ish pictures in the very near future. I can't believe that in less than 24 hours I'm going to be HOME!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on everything both of you are doing. I'm incredibly proud.
Dad