Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Breaking News of the HOLY SHIT Variety

Remember how I was so certain that I didn't get that teaching job? And how depressed I was about it? Well, I GOT THE JOB! The district called just before noon to tell me the news, and to tell me that A: I needed to hightail it down to their offices to fill out paperwork and sign my contract ASAP, and B: my first day is tomorrow. TOMORROW.

Somebody hold me.

I still don't know exactly what they're expecting me to do tomorrow. I can't imagine that they'd put me in front of a class since I don't even know what books the kids are reading yet, but suffice it to say, I'm freaking the hell out right now. In an ecstatic way, of course, since I want this job more than words can say, but still freaking the hell out.

Because of this, I know there are a few things I'm going to have to change about this blog. Obviously I can't blog about work, and I really can't have any of my students finding it. I don't know yet what exactly I'm going to do, but suffice it to say that there will be changes. Thank you all so much for your support, and rest assured that I will keep blogging.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to make you go on the emotional rollercoaster!

Congrats and good luck for tomorrow.

Bea