Sunday, October 29, 2006

I hear it in my head

Oh dear. I may really be in trouble here. I think I want another tattoo.

I have one tattoo. It's a Celtic knot about two inches long, and it runs over my right shoulderblade. It was my 21st birthday present to myself, and it wasn't exactly a spur-of-the-moment thing. I actually hemmed and hawed about getting it for almost a year before deciding on a pattern (after a half dozen visits to the tattoo parlor) and an artist. I was very sure about this tattoo. I was also very, very sure it was going to be the last one I ever got. One tattoo seemed cool and hip, but any more than that seemed...well, not.

Fast forward four years, and I think I want another one. An acquaintance recently posted a picture of her new tattoo on a message board I read, and I loved it. Loved the design, loved the symbolism (fertility-related), and the idea of getting another one suddenly appealed. I haven't been able to get it out of my head ever since. Of course, if Idecide to do it, the timing would be perfect since J wants another tattoo in the near future too. Unlike me, he thinks they're all cool--this one coming up will be his fourth.

On a somewhat related note, today marks the beginning of Infertility Awareness Week. You can read more about it here. In keeping with the theme, I'll be blogging about infertility all week (just like most other weeks) and highlighting a few other infertility blogs I really love.

No comments: