Monday, March 06, 2006

Confession Time

I'm about to say something that may shock you.

Ready for it?

I'm....a bit of an airhead

(waits for family members to stop laughing their heads off)

(still waiting)

it's true. I, C, am kind of an airhead. I don't mean to be, but somehow I end up saying and doing things that are, well, ditzy. For example, this afternoon I called our realtor and set up a meeting for 7:00 tonight. I called Juan, made a little note in my Outlook calendar, and then promptly forgot all about it. I only remembered the meeting when Juan called my cell at 7:00 to find out why I wasn't home yet.

As Homer Simpson would say, "D'oh!"

Sadly, I do things like this all the time. It's common knowledge that if I don't write something down, I WILL forget about it. Heck, even if I do write it down, there's only a 50% chance that it'll get done. I'm a very frustrating person to talk to because I tend to repeat things over and over again, not remembering that we've already covered them. I also don't remember things like J's schedule (which, in my defense, changes frequently), plans that I've made (see above for a case in point), etc...

So, since only my friends and family read this blog, I'm going to pre-emptively apologize to all of you for anything important that I forget about in the future. I wish I could change, I really do, but shy of hiring a personal assistant to follow me around and make sure I don't forget anything, it's probably not going to happen.

No comments: