Monday, March 13, 2006


The RE's office I have to go to isn't great about returning phone calls, so J is going to go there in person this afternoon to see about getting an appointment scheduled for me. I'm nervous as hell because there's a fair chance I won't be seen for 6 weeks at which point we'll be just a few weeks away from moving. If that happens I just don't know what we're going to do.

One of the biggest complicating factors right now is that our insurance only covers certain REs and there aren't any in the town we're moving to. There's one six hours away, but if it comes down to doing IUI or IVF, we're pretty much going to have to put TTC on hold for at least a year before J's schedule will allow us to make multi-day trips 6 hours away. Our options (as I see them) are:

1) Start the testing process with this RE, pray that they'll be able to do some tests before we leave, and then figure out how (if) we can continue the process once we're in Texas.
2) Start the testing process with this RE, then pay out $$$ to go to an RE our insurance doesn't cover in Texas because putting everything on hold for a year really isn't something I'm willing to do.

Neither is very appealing at the moment, and I wish that the stupid clinic would just pick up their damn phone so I could get some answers. What kind of place is this where they don't return calls, anyway? Are these the people I really want to trust with my reproductive health and already fragile emotional state? All I want are some answers so I can start planning out a strategy for dealing with this!

No comments: