Friday, March 10, 2006

I am disgustingly normal

All my blood tests came back and showed that absolutely nothing is wrong with me. That doesn't mean that there ISN'T something wrong, but just that some of the usual suspects they look for early on (low progesterone, insulin resistance, STDs, etc...) have been eliminated.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I'm glad that the tests came back normal. I'm glad that I don't have any of the conditions they've eliminated. On the other, some things (like low progesterone) can be fixed pretty easily, and now I have to go in for more diagnostic testing to see what (if anything) is wrong with me.

I'm also experiencing a fair amount of anxiety over the logistics of my RE appointments. The hospital I have to go to is in one of the most inconvenient locations possible, and will mean that I need appointments at the butt-crack of dawn or late in the afternoon so I don't miss a lot of work. My boss knows that I have a "medical issue" and will need time off for appointments, and he's very understanding, but I have no idea how I'm going to make this work without (literally) driving myself insane over the transportation problem. Things would be so much easier if I could just go to the hospital near us, but they don't have an RE.

In other news (since I can't go a day without posting a medical update about Arcadia) the cat is spending the day at her vet's office for tests. Bloodwork is normal, though, so the vet thinks that it could just be reflux or hairballs, neither of which she's ever had before. I'm skeptical, and very tempted to ask them to do x-rays in case she ate something that's causing an obstruction, but it's $200.

No comments: